Drawing Aid Buttons
Drawing aid buttons are tools that allow to user work more efficiently and accurately. Below you will find the basic drawing aid buttons you will need to know to complete the following activities.
- The grid is a rectangular pattern of lines or dots that covers the entire XY plane of the user coordinate system (UCS). Using the grid is similar to placing a sheet of grid paper under a drawing. The grid helps you align objects and visualize the distances between them. The grid is not plotted.
- Snap restricts the cursor movements to specified intervals.
- The ORTHO command limits the movement of the cursor to horizontal and vertical directions.
- Polar Tracking is a bit like Ortho mode on steroids. Whereas Ortho constrains your lines to either the horizontal or the vertical, Polar Tracking allows you to snap into whatever angles you choose to configure.
- OSNAP's allow you to snap onto a specific object location when you are picking a point.
- Object Snap Tracking (OTRACK) works with OSNAP and POLAR to help align new points with existing locations in your drawing.